Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
I made this up tonight based on what I had on hand, however Merlot's recipe Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes #30951 inspired this recipe, so I am giving her due credit.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g green beans, topped and tailed
- 200 g field mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 100 g cherry tomatoes (1/2 punnet)
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig thyme
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and thyme.
- Stir until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the mushrooms are softened and the tomatoes heated through.
- Add the beans, stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Season lightly.
- If you prefer you can blanch the beans in some boiling water first, but we like a bit of crunch to ours.