Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an old recipe and some adaptations might have to be made to match modern packaging. The finished product may be packed into loaf pans or rolled into logs in waxed paper to make for easier serving. Graham Cracker may also be used.
- 8 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 lb miniature marshmallow
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained & chopped (Red & Green)
- 1 cup candied fruit
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Warm the opened can of Sweetened Condensed Milk in a saucepan of boiling water to make it easier to pour. Add the milk to the Melted Butter and Marshmallows stirring to combine well. Combine the wet mixture with the remaining ingredients. Pack into a buttered dish or pan. Let set overnight. Keep in refrigerator. If too dry add more condensed milk.
I was raised by an aunt in Kentucky. She made this fruitcake every Christmas season and I was always asking her for the recipe after I moved away and had a home of my own. I somehow lost it and have been looking for it for years. This fruitcake is soooo good and addicting. I'm so glad to have found it. Thanks so much.