1/1 Photo of 1950s Picture Salad: Peach and Cottage Cheese
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
Way back when, salads that were as pretty as a picture were quite the thing. Here is a salad that was very popular at the time. I have also included other popular picture salads of the period.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 canned peach halves, drained
- 2 cups cottage cheese with chives
- 4 lettuce cups
- 1Put a lettuce cup on each salad plate. This is a leaf of lettuce that is curled to form a cup-like shape.
- 2Place one peach half in each cup.
- 3Top with about 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with chives.
- 4NOTE: Other Picture Salads: All are to be seved on cups of salad greens.
- 5Pineapple Chunks 'n' Cherries: Arrange these two in lettuce cups. If using fresh cherries, it is nice to pit them.
- 6Apricot 'n' Cream Cheese: Use drained apricot halves, cut side up. Top with softened cream cheese and chopped dates.
- 7Pineapple-Banana Nut: Plae fluted sliced bananas (which have been dipped in pineapple syrup) on rained pineapple slices. Sprinkle with salted peanuts.
- 8Molded fruit Cocktail: Fold well-drained fruit cocktail into slightly thickened fruit jello, using the syrup for part of the liquid used to make the jello.
- 9Blushing Pear: Put 2 pear halves together with softened cream cheese. Sprinkle paprika on one side to make a blush. Top with cream cheese green pepper, and a water cress stem.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1950s Picture Salad: Peach and Cottage Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cottage cheese with chives