Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
egg free and very moist you can make a cake or do muffins and its so easy, and if you wanted you could safely lick the spoon as its egg free.
- 6 ounces self-rising flour
- 3 ounces margarine
- 3 ounces sugar
- 1⁄4 pint milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 -4 ounces chocolate chips (or small childs jellys or almond chips or mixed fruit)
- cream together sugar and margarine.
- add together in a bowl milk, vinegar and bicarbinate allow it to froth then add the liquid and flour mixing slow to the sugar and margarine add your chosen from list and bake in a greased 7 inch tin or place in muffin cases until mixture has gone.
- cook cake for 1 hour and muffins until golden brown and firm on top.
Surprisingly Good!! I was a little skeptical about a pie/cake with vinegar but WOW it is good. We made this recipe and baked it in a pie shell and we did 2 of them and added 1 Tbl of Dark Chocolate to one. It was like a pudding pie... Good Stuff!
I would rate 5 stars, but I found it to be a hassle to convert the measurements... I wanted an egg free cake for my dd's first birthday. I sub'd rice milk for cow's milk b/c she doesn't tolerate milk. FYI 1 ounce= 2 Tablespoon, 1/4 pint=1/2 cup. Also, as it has no cooking instructions I did it at 350 farenheit for 30 minutes (this was for 3 individual sized cakes). I think next time I might try 325 for 35 minutes. I made the baby's with dried cherries and the rest of us had dried cherries & chocolate chips in ours. The texture was excellent and light. I might try next time making it lemon/cherry or almond cherry. Yum.