1/1 Photo of 1930's Apple and Nut Pie
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
mary winecoff's Note:
I tore this recipe out of Family Circle. I have not tried it yet but it sounded very easy to do. Would be great topped with vanilla ice cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450°F
- 2Fit pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate.
- 3Prick with a fork and crimp edges.
- 4Bake about 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Cool completely.
- 6In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of the brown sugar and the flour, butter and walnuts together until crumbly, set aside.
- 7Arrange half of the apple slices in crust.
- 8Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sugar on top.
- 9Add remaining apple slices and top with crumb mixture.
- 10Reduce oven heat to 350F and bake pie 1 hour or until browned.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 1930's Apple and Nut Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3551.0
- Calories from Fat 1561
- Total Fat 173.4 g
- Saturated Fat 75.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 942.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 490.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 314.8 g
- Protein 29.4 g