Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic from Florida's Famous Columbia Restaurant. The whole recipe has already been posted, I am posting just the dressing for nutrional information purposes.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or the easy stuff that comes in the tube)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, preferably Spanish
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground pepper
- Whisk together the garlic, oregano and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, continually beating to form an emulsion. Stir in the vinegar and lemon juice
- Season with salt and pepper.
This has been in my to do book for a long time and I finally got around to making it. Enjoyed it very much with a salad today for lunch. Made this using fresh garlic and freshly dried Greek oregano from my garden. Something I would definitely make again. Made for *Pool Party Tag* in the Diabetic Forum.
This was a nice vingarette. I found it somewhat tart & added a pinch of sugar. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.