Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this with 1900 Park Fare Bread Pudding.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, cream, and vanilla bean. Bring to boil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Slowly pour boiled milk and cream in egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return to heat and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Strain. Chill in an ice bath.
Wonderful recipe!! Check out a video on line about making a creme anglaise so that you don't scramble the eggs. This sauce can be made a day ahead and chilled in the fridge.