Top Review by emmorgan810
This bread pudding tastes just like the ones served on Disney Property. The Vanilla Sauce (Creme Anglaise) is essential to complete the dish. A few tips to help make the dessert great!! - Let white bread get stale for about a day or so to help absorb the egg mixture. - Cut of the crusts of the bread (at least half the loaf) to keep the pudding more smooth and less chewy. - I also added a tsp of vanilla to the egg mixture which enhanced the flavor as well!!
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 loaf white bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cubed bread in loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar. Mix well.
- Add cream, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour custard over bread cubes. Press down so custard soaks in well.
- Place soft butter on top of bread. Bake in a water bath at 325 degrees for approximately one hour until golden brown and custard is firm.
- Serve with vanilla sauce.