Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From December 2005 Better Homes & Gardens magazine. If you don't like trout, try any smoked white fish. Serve with crackers, flat bread, veggies....
- 8 ounces smoked trout fillets
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons shallots or 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove skin and bones from the trout fillets, and flake.
- In a medium bowl stir together all ingredients until well combined, smearing the trout with the back of your spoon along sides of bowl while stirring.
- Transfer spread to bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Remove from fridge about 15 minutes prior to serving.
- NOTE: Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.