A tasty lunch for two, this recipe is from the December 2008 Everyday Food magazine.
Make and share this 15-Minute White-Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving (exclude for vegan soup)
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add scallions, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring frequently, until scallions begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth and beans; cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Using a wooden spoon or potato masher, lightly mash some of the beans to thicken the soup. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan.
- To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to three days.