1/1 Photo of 15-Minute White-Bean Soup
A tasty lunch for two, this recipe is from the December 2008 Everyday Food magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving (exclude for vegan soup)
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add scallions, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring frequently, until scallions begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in broth and beans; cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Using a wooden spoon or potato masher, lightly mash some of the beans to thicken the soup. Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Before serving, sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 3To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to three days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 15-Minute White-Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 92.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g