Recipe by kelli701
This is vegan (soy burger & Tofutti sour cream), except for the egg noodles. It could not be easier - everything cooks in the same pot! I got it from Kraftfoods.com, and changed their recipe just a bit. I think it's great comfort food - I like to make it when I'm craving something creamy.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 8 ounces Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles (BOCA crumbles work well, too)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 8 ounces tofutti sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except sour cream in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer 6 minutes; stir gently.
- Simmer 6 more minutes, or until noodles are tender. I find that if I don't stir halfway through cooking time, the noodles cook a little unevenly.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.