Recipe by mandabears
Another easy way to make a rich creamy pudding. Re-found the recipe on the Kraft foods web site. You can also use sugar free pudding mix and 1% milk with good results
Top Review by mailbelle
I had some coconut cream instant pudding and tried it with that as suggested. Omitted the raisins as I don't care for them in my rice pudding. This was ok, but for some reason didn't seem sweet enough. I may try it again using vanilla pudding. Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, also good with fruit bits,optional
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix, also good with coconut cream flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1 cup of milk to boil in medium sauce pan.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Cover pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare pudding.
- Beat pudding mix into remaining 2 cups of cold milk with whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add rice mixture to pudding and stir.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.