Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another easy way to make a rich creamy pudding. Re-found the recipe on the Kraft foods web site. You can also use sugar free pudding mix and 1% milk with good results
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, also good with fruit bits,optional
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix, also good with coconut cream flavor
- Bring 1 cup of milk to boil in medium sauce pan.
- Stir in rice and raisins.
- Cover pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare pudding.
- Beat pudding mix into remaining 2 cups of cold milk with whisk for 2 minutes.
- Add rice mixture to pudding and stir.
- Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.
I had some coconut cream instant pudding and tried it with that as suggested. Omitted the raisins as I don't care for them in my rice pudding. This was ok, but for some reason didn't seem sweet enough. I may try it again using vanilla pudding. Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.
For my family, this was just OK - to us it tasted just like what it was..rice mixed with instant pudding. It gets one extra star for preparation ease, but I will keep my old-fashioned rice pudding recipe. Thanks for posting!
I actually made this tonight, is is so quick and easy, but I found that with one package of pudding it could have used more rice, I guess personal preference, so I boiled 2 more cups of milk and added in 1-3/4 instead of 2 cups of minute rice, then added it into the pudding mix, it was thicker with the added rice. If anyone is looking for a very quick and easy dessert recipe this is a great, thanks mandabears!...Kittencal:)