Recipe by maddy331
I got this recipe out of a newspaper when I first married, over 20 years ago. It's been one of our favorite meals and really is quick, easy and good tasting.
Top Review by Nancy D.
Thank you for this recipe. I used this recipe years ago and have now found it again.<br/><br/>My whole family really enjoys this. I do one thing different. I put the soup mix and water in a blender, so that it is well-mixed and then add it to the meat.
- 1 lb round steak
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat and slice into thin strips.
- Heat butter in skillet and brown meat.
- Add water and mushrooms.
- Stir in soup mix and heat to boiling.
- Blend sour cream and flour and add to hot mixture.
- Stir until mixture thickens a little.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
- The original recipe called for a 3 oz.
- can of mushrooms with it's liquid but I substitute fresh mushrooms as I like them much better.
- If need be, add a tablespoon or 2 of water if the sauce is too thick.