Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe out of a newspaper when I first married, over 20 years ago. It's been one of our favorite meals and really is quick, easy and good tasting.
- Trim fat from meat and slice into thin strips.
- Heat butter in skillet and brown meat.
- Add water and mushrooms.
- Stir in soup mix and heat to boiling.
- Blend sour cream and flour and add to hot mixture.
- Stir until mixture thickens a little.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
- The original recipe called for a 3 oz.
- can of mushrooms with it's liquid but I substitute fresh mushrooms as I like them much better.
- If need be, add a tablespoon or 2 of water if the sauce is too thick.