Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Beware, this is a very rich recipe! The dijon mustard adds another flavour dimension. The recipe is from chow.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 16 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 cups)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups half-and-half (adjust for preferred thickness)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta, and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot over very low heat. Add remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted. Season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper as needed and serve.
Very easy and very yummy! I made this as written and I loved the Dijon and hint of hot sauce. I used a good quality brick of white extra-sharp cheddar cheese. I think it's important to use a good extra-sharp cheddar and not a preshredded bag. This is just the thing for a quick side dish or even a kids lunch. Thanx!
My husband made this and it was lovely. He is not normally a cook, so it was an easy recipe to get a great result on. The only thing he had to say against it was that it was soooooo good, he ate too much. ;-)
This Recipe was EXCELLANT! My family really enjoyed it. So creamy and rich. It's the best macaroni and cheese I have ever made. Thank you for posting.