Recipe by ohgal
This is from "World's Healthiest Foods". I tried this because it is so easy and quick to make. The Asparagus is wonderful, too. It fits most any health diet, though it did'nt include nutrition data with it. This is one I'll be making often. I used powdered ginger, as I don't usually have fresh ginger on hand.
Top Review by Outta Here
A great dish for those days you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Great flavors and easy, too. I subbed boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the breasts, but otherwise made as written. Loved the fresh ginger with the asparagus. Served over fettecine. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch lengths discard bottom fourth (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion and press garlic and let both sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a stainless steel wok or 12-inch skillet. Healthy Stir Fry onion and asparagus in broth for about 3 minutes over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add ginger, garlic, chicken, and continue to stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and red chili flakes. Stir together and cover. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. This may have to cook for an extra couple minutes if the asparagus is thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.