This is from "World's Healthiest Foods". I tried this because it is so easy and quick to make. The Asparagus is wonderful, too. It fits most any health diet, though it did'nt include nutrition data with it. This is one I'll be making often. I used powdered ginger, as I don't usually have fresh ginger on hand.
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced medium thick
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch lengths discard bottom fourth (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- white pepper
- Cut onion and press garlic and let both sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a stainless steel wok or 12-inch skillet. Healthy Stir Fry onion and asparagus in broth for about 3 minutes over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add ginger, garlic, chicken, and continue to stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and red chili flakes. Stir together and cover. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. This may have to cook for an extra couple minutes if the asparagus is thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.