Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was stretched for time so wanted something easy & fast for dinner this recipe was the result. Very tasty. I don't usually buy precooked hamburger but had this one on hand to try and for an emergency it is quite good. I won't even look at what prservatives may be in it. Make this as hot or as mild as you want. I like to sprinkle parmesan chees ovr it at the table. Nice served with a green salad and a crusty roll
- 1 (300 g) packageprecooked mexican hamburger
- 1 (680 ml) canthick & zesty garden tomato sauce & mushrooms (or your favorite sauce)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry garlic flakes
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, membranes removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes (optional)
- Mix everything in a pot, bring to a boil & simmer 8 minutesr.
- Serve over your favoite cooked pasta.
Quick, easy & tasty recipe. We used the jalapenos & crushing chili flakes & it was the perfect spice for us. I added abit of italian sausage in place of some of the ground beef. Great homemade spaghetti sauce to have on hand, thanks for sharing.