Recipe by Ann B
Truly delicious seafood/pasta dish that is nearly impossible to mess up & a great stand by for rushed dinners.
Top Review by evagidov
Wonderful and so easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly and the flavor was outstanding. However, towards the end a few things flew in the pot. I poured the scampi mixture onto the pasta mixed it up real well, and then decided I was going to add some basil and oregano, some garlic powder...can't get enough of the garlic:) Lastly, I added about 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese...yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped fine or processed
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup white wine (nearly any kind, just not overly sweet)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb precooked jumbo frozen shrimp, thawed
- salt & pepper
- 1 package angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- start salted water boiling for pasta.
- heat olive oil.
- saute garlic& onions over high heat till onions start to turn clear.
- add wine, turn to medium heat& reduce for 5 minutes (alcohol smell will be gone) add shrimp till warmed through (start to curl up).
- stir in butter till melted.
- turn heat to lo/warm.
- salt& pepper to taste.
- cover till pasta is ready (2-3 minutes for angel hair to cook).
- serve together.