Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A rich soup from The Star. Wonderful; a meal in its own.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 (213 g) cans salmon, flaked with fork
- In heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery.
- Cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and salt, blending well.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, and cook until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, stirring until blended.
- Add salmon, stir.