Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the Kraft recipe site back in 2003. The recipe is no longer listed. This really good fake out chinese food at home!! I added some chopped green onions and a scrambled egg to mine. And served with eggrolls on the side.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I used more)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas & carrots
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add pork; cook and stir 5 minutes
- Add bouillon cube, water, soy sauce and vegetables; stir. Bring to.
- a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover. Cook on low heat 5 minutes or until cook through. Fluff with fork.
- Can substitute, boneless chicken breast or bonelss pork chop for tenderloin.
I made this for my boys for lunch. I used olive oil, canned peas and carrots, used lite soy sauce and brown minute rice. I also added a scrambled egg. This was very easy to make but my boys were not crazy about it. They only ate one plate each so I knew it wasn't a favorite. Not sure what it needed. I too tasted it and thought it was OK. I'm sure the recipe is fine, it just wasn't to our liking.