Recipe by OB Nurse
Very time saving. Quick to make. Delicious to eat. And no greasy frying pan to wash!
Top Review by Southern Lady
THE BEST!! I bought a can of green enchilada sauce and back home I found I needed 28 oz opposed to the 10 oz I bought. I added a 4 oz can of green chilies, 4 oz of Half&Half, 4 ozs of Medium Salsa and finished with 6 ozs of chicken broth. Just the right anount of heat for chicken enchiladas. The recipe turned out great and I can't wait to try with the 28 oz of green sauce. Next time, I will add 1-2 cups more chicken (our preference) Highly suggest you try!!!
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce (I prefer Macayo's)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips (I prefer "white" corn chips)
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (etc.) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly mix green chili enchilada sauce, soup, and sour cream in a LARGE bowl.
- Stir in diced, cooked chicken.
- While still in bag, crush chips into smaller pieces (but don't make them all crumbs) and pour into soup mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased 9X13" baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When serving, add toppings of your choice.