Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and fast! Great when you don't have time to keep checking your rice!!! From Ricardo's magazine.
- Place the rice in a strainer and rinse it well under cold running water.
- Combine the rice and broth in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bowl in the oven and microwave on high power for about 15 minutes.
- Stir; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
Turned out great! I used brown rice too.
We tried this with brown rice (all we really eat around here) and it took a LONG time to cook. I think we'll stick with our rice steamer, but will definitely remember this when we have veggies steaming in there and need rice too - we had to double the cooking time. The TASTE was really good though!
After reading the reviews, I wonder what I did wrong. I tried this twice. One time with the dish covered and when that didn't work tried with the dish uncovered. Both times the rice clumped together and was definitely undercooked. I'm sorry; I really wanted this to work.