Recipe by Mrs.Jack
Fresh, fast, fantastic! Create a yummy pasta salad in no time with a little help from packaged fresh pasta and pesto sauce. Recipe is great as is or make it your own by adding grilled shrimp or chicken, fresh mushrooms, green peas, carrots, sun-dried tomatoes, etc. Found this recipe in BHG, May 1990. Enjoy!
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine or 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 (7 ounce) packagefresh pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and cool under cold running water. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pesto sauce and lemon juice.
- Add linguine; toss well.
- Add spinach, tomato, and onion; toss until coated well.
- Spoon onto individual plates or a large platter. Sprinkle w/ pine nuts and top w/ grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.