Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fresh, fast, fantastic! Create a yummy pasta salad in no time with a little help from packaged fresh pasta and pesto sauce. Recipe is great as is or make it your own by adding grilled shrimp or chicken, fresh mushrooms, green peas, carrots, sun-dried tomatoes, etc. Found this recipe in BHG, May 1990. Enjoy!
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine or 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 (7 ounce) packagefresh pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and cool under cold running water. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pesto sauce and lemon juice.
- Add linguine; toss well.
- Add spinach, tomato, and onion; toss until coated well.
- Spoon onto individual plates or a large platter. Sprinkle w/ pine nuts and top w/ grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Prepared as directed with the exception of using fresh pasta. Delicious. Made for Every Day tag game. :)
This was wonderful, I made this using a package of Olivieri Basil Pesto Sauce and omitted the lemon juice however I did make the remainder as stated with a few amount adjustments, I am going to try again using my own Kittencal's Perfect Pesto mixed with a little cream sauce, great recipe Sherri thank you for posting!