Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Mom made these growing up so I say it's her recipe but who knows where she got it from! I've made some additions over the years but they are still just as yummy and you won't believe how easier these are to put together!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Hormel chili without beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups pre-shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10 tortillas
- Prepare a cookie sheet with foil, sprayed with Pam.
- Heat (don't boil) the chili and beans.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and roll on a flat surface and place seam side down on prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all shells are filled, placing them side by side on the pan.
- Top with remaining chili mix, spread to coat shells.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake just until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
3 stars for a super simple dinner. I couldn't find shredded or block monterey jack cheese at the store, so I subbed cheddar instead. My family wasn't crazy about the flavor of the Hormel chili, said they tasted weird and not like enchiladas. Made for PAC fall 2008.