Recipe by wyojess
I made up this recipe myself, so hopefully it isn't a repeat. My husband loves this recipe, so I hope you do too! I can do it in under 15 minutes now which is great for those "I don't want to cook" nights. Try with my Northern cornbread!http://www.recipezaar.com/260739
Top Review by Angel91805
This was tasty and very easy to make....which gets 5 stars in my book! Made a few changes based on what I had....no mushrooms (my son isn't a fan anyway). I didn't have any chili beans in sauce....so used an undrained can of red kidney beans. And I also added a 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Will definitely make again.....perfect for those crazy nights when you gotta get something on the table ASAP. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 14 ounces chili beans, in sauce
- 14 ounces petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash oregano
- cayenne pepper, easily substitute a packet of chili seasoning for the spices
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ground beef and onions in a pot and fry until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain grease off beef and onion mixture.
- Place chili beans, tomatos, mushrooms and seasoning into chili.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.