Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A super simple stove top dish. Especially good on cold nights. I originally got this from a Kraft box I believe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Brown meat in a large skillet; drain.
- Stir in water, Macaroni, and chili powder.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer five minutes, stirring twice.
- Add broccoli;simmer 5 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Stir in cheese sauce mix and ketchup until blended.
Thanks BlueHairedFairy for posting! This was a yummy after sports night meal. Quick and easy to fix with the stuff I had on hand and some fresh broccoli. I almost didn't make this as the name suggests chili and I wasn't in the mood for that but it isn't named for chili but more for the chili powder that is in it. Definitely a meal kids will eat. The recipe was eaten so quickly I had no time to get a photo. We will make this again. Enjoy! ChefDLH