Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A super-quick dinner from the Kraft Foods website
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup white minute rice (uncooked)
- 4 flour tortillas
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Bring chili and water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Spoon approx 1/2 cup chili mixture onto each tortilla.
- Top with cheese and sour cream, and fold up.
We make this alot with left over brown rice and left over chili!! This is a family quick and easy favorite. We have also made it as directed with the same great results.
I threw this together as a quick meal for a hectic weeknight. Using Hormel Chili, the mixture didn't seem to have enough flavor after cooking the rice. I added about 1/2 a can of diced green chiles and some chili powder and cumin. This kicked it up a bit for us. It was very filling and satisfied my hungry hubby.
This is quick, filling & tasty. It really did only take 15 min -- which was perfect since I didn't feel like cooking. ;) I used leftover homemade chili & omitted the sour cream (was out) but followed as written. Oh, topped with a bit of leftover cheesy dip on a couple of them. Thanks!