Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for healthier chili that I got from sparkpeople.com, a food tracking site.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) canchopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- In a large pot, brown meat with chopped onion. Drain grease, if necessary.
- Add beans, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and salsa to meat mixture.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve with cornbread, cooked pasta, cooked rice, or on top of a baked potato. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Wow. This is so quick to make, yet healthy, tasty and filling! I added a bit of garlic but otherwise stayed to the recipe. This is a great "emergency meal" recipe when you need something quick. I your quick and easy recipes..... thanx for yet another!
This is a brilliant recipe for those days you want chili, but don't have hours to make one! Tastes great! I made mine with beef and we devoured it!
This is very tasty and quick. Would definitely recommend