Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy and delicious dinner to make, great with salad on the side, I have used cream of broccoli and works just as well and have used converted rice but take's longer to cook. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk or 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen & thawed)
- BROWN chicken in oil in large frying pan on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side; remove from pan.
- ADD soup and milk to pan; bring to boil.
- STIR in rice and broccoli; top with chicken and cover.
- COOK on low heat for 5 minutes.
This is a "good one dish meal". You could add one more chicken breast though, since there's plenty of rice and broccli. I seasoned the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and added more salt and pepper when I mixed the soup, milk rice, and broccoli together. The next time though, I'm gong to use a canned vegetable sray instead of the oil. The oil splattered and made quite a mess. I only used 1 3/4 cups of the minute rice, and substituted (6 ounces) of chopped broccoli for the 2 cups of broccoli florets. I found this to be the right amount of rice and broccoli for this recipe. This is a good comfort kind of meal, but this is not a 15 minute meal to prepare. Anna you have written that it took you 20 minutes to cook this meal. I actually found it took 25 minutes, plus an extra 5 minutes to prep, so it was a 30 minute meal. I just thought I'd bring this to your attention. Thank-you for a nice "one dish meal" recipe.
This was one yummy meal. Instead of using the cream of chicken soup, i used cream of mushroom soup. It gave it that extra flavor.
i havent tried this recipe but i have a suggestion for those of you saying it took longer than 15 minutes to make. try pounding the chicken breast with a mallet until its pretty thin....that will definately help cutting down on the cooking time. good luck!