Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dish is very kid friendly and super quick and easy.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 cups uncooked MINUTE White Rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet; drain.
- Add water, ketchup and mustard.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in 2 cups uncooked Minute rice.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover; cook on low heat 5 minutes.
This is so easy and so good! It's going to become one of my favorite comfort foods! I added some garlic powder and some onion flakes to the ground beef when I browned it, just to give it a little more flavor for my tastes. Great quick and easy recipe! Thanks!
I first made this about 11 years ago or so. I was an 18 year old newly wed and I think it was on the back of the Minute Rice box. I absolutely love it. What I am trying to figure out now is how to make it with leftover white rice. I don't usually buy minute rice anymore. GREAT every day kind of meal!
This was a fabulous and easy meal to make that my kids and whole family loved!! I didn't quite have enough ketchup so I mixed what I had with BBQ sauce and it was excellent. Also I used spicy brown mustard and that was really good too. I will definatly be making this again thanks sherri35.