Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful combination of Salmon and Fennel and so easy to make.
Make and share this 15 Minute Braised Fennel Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, cut into 8 pieces skin and bones removed
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken or 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced thin save 1 TBS chopped green tops to use for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Season salmon with a little salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté fennel bulb in broth over medium heat for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add ½ cup broth, lemon juice, pinch salt and pepper, and place salmon on top.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Do not over cook fennel, or it will lose its flavor.
- Sprinkle with chopped green fennel tops. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.