Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is very similar to the one I used to make as a vegetarian, but I had a small amount of meat to use up, so I tried this. Again it's also good as a burrito filling and topped with whatever you normally like on your chili. I use reduced fat cheddar cheese or maybe sour cream.
- 6 ounces ground beef or 6 ounces ground turkey
- 15 ounces of diced tomatoes and green chilies, canned
- 15 ounces black beans, canned
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Brown meat in a pot over medium heat. While the meat is browning drain and rinse the beans.
- Add corn kernels and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
I made this w/o the meat and it was extremely spicy. And I used the mild version of RoTel tomatoes/chiles. I didn't add any cheese or sour cream, which might have helped cut the heat. As it was, it was like eating a really soupy salsa. Next time I'd add meat and cheese and maybe an additional can of black beans (drained and possibly mashed up a little) to thicken it up.