Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A slightly different take on the traditional 15 Bean soup.
Make and share this 15 Bean Soup/Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) package15 beans, Hurst's HamBeans preferred
- 2 -3 ham hocks
- 8 ounces salt pork, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces lean bacon, pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) packageandouille smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon gumbo file
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 2 elephant garlic cloves or 4 -6 regular garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- Soak beans at least overnight.
- Put all ingredients together in a large pot and cook at medium heat ( a good simmer) for approximately 2 1/2 hours until the beans are tender.
- Add salt to taste after cooking for 1 hour.