Recipe by Chef julesbart
I was looking for a 15 Bean soup online, I found a recipe but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. So, I omitted some stuff and this is what I came out with.. Enjoy!
Top Review by Jaki
Yum! We made this yesterday and loved it! I had left over holiday Ham, not a ham hock so I used that and we had smoked turkey sausage in the freezer so we used that too. Other then that I made no changes. Thanks for sharing! My 2 year old even likes it! My husband thought Tabasco would be good in it, but the 2 year old would probably disagree.
- 1 (20 ounce) bag 15 bean soup mix
- 8 cups water
- 1 ham bone (or any leftover ham)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (jar is fine)
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon paste or 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs smoked sausage, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in strainer and rinse.
- After rinsing, place beans in bowl and cover completely with water. After a couple of hours, rinse and refill water level.
- Soak overnight.
- Next day, rinse beans and place in crock pot.
- Combine all ingredients except sausage.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Saute cubed sausage in pan.
- Put sausage and drippings, if any, in soup.
- Continue cooking on low for another 2 hours.