Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "Simply Delicious"- A cookbook compiled of Herberger's Employee Family Recipes. Submitted by Anita Sheehan of Alexandria, Minnesota.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Measure all ingredients and mix in a large bowl- Beat for 4 minutes.
- Pour into a 9"x13" greased pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make frosting, cream margarine, cream cheese and vanilla; fold in remaining ingredients.
- Frost cake when cake is cool.
This cake turned out excellent! My family and I enjoyed it!