Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An easy way to use up all those cucumbers from the garden.
Make and share this 14 Day Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cucumbers, water and walt in a large pan; heat to boiling, to dissolve salt.
- Pour over cucumbers and let set on counter for 7 days. (Use plastic or glass containers.).
- On the eighth day drain and cover with plain water in same container.
- On ninth day drain and cover with alum and boiling water.
- On the tenth day drain and cover with boiling water; cool and drain.
- Cover with vinegar, sugar, and pickling spice that has been heated to boiling; let set on counter.
- For next four days drain syrup into pan and add 1 cup more sugar.
- On the 14th day you can process pickles by canning or keep in the refrigerator indefinitely (years).