Recipe by COOKGIRl
A super easy recipe clipped out of our local newspaper. You have the choice of using instant pudding and Cool Whip, or as we did, pumping up the volume and using real homemade chocolate pudding and fresh whipping cream. For the cookies, I assume the recipe is referring to store-bought Oreo. We used crispy-textured white chocolate macadamia cookies-homemade of course but I think chocolate graham crackers would work well, too!
- 5 cups chocolate sandwich style cookies, broken up into small pieces, divided
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups homemade prepared chocolate pudding (vanilla pudding would probably be good, too!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 3 cups of the broken cookie pieces in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold in the whipping cream with the chocolate pudding. Spread mixture evenly over the cookie crumbs.
- Top with the remaining cookie pieces.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Yield is estimated. Prep time does not apply to homemade pudding or whipping cream, if using in this recipe.