Recipe by EarlsWife
I love to make a big tray of these and keep them in the freezer for quick dinners, or pull them out and take them to work for lunch, they microwave great. I had hesitations about the cinnamon in this recipe, but it's fantastic, I absolutely love the flavor! This recipe makes 18 pieces, I normally eat 2 per meal.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- plain yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bulgur wheat in a bowl in hot tap water. Let sit 10 minutes or so, and then drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add ground beef, onion, salt and cinnamon. Add the bulgur after draining. Use your hands to combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil.
- Take 1/3 cup portions of meat and press into small hamburger type patties. Place on sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with plenty of plain yogurt!