Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This creamy corn chowder is quick, easy and so tasty. It calls for evaporated milk...and that's the secret.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole corn or 1 (11 ounce) canniblet corn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Drain any corn liquid from whole canned corn and add enough water to make 1 1/2 cup.
- Add water, onion, salt & pepper and potato to medium sauce pan.
- Cook at a hard simmer (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add evaporated milk and butter.
- Check seasoning and serve.
Love the flavor of this. The condensed milk really adds the key taste, and this is super easy to make!
This rates high with our family for speed and simplicity of preparation. Although we did like the taste, it was quite sweet. Next time I will reduce the amount of cream corn. Thanks for a nice recipe!