Recipe by Bill Wielenbeck
If you like stuffed shells , you'll love this one, and probably will never buy frozen store bought ones again. It's one of my hit and miss recipes. Everybody I've made them for has loved them.
Top Review by One Big Fuzzy
This was awesome. I used half the amount of ground beef and added hot italian sausage. I added the cooked broken up pieces to the sauce. My husband (who is not a big fan of Italian food) said this was just great! I was able to freeze a couple of batches also for future meals!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages jumbo pasta shells
- 8 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups favorite spaghetti sauce
- 3 lbs browned ground beef (for sauce) (optional) or 3 lbs Italian sausage (for sauce) (optional)
- 6 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Combine cheeses (except the mozzarella cheese), eggs, and seasonings. Mix well. Fill each pasta shell with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Spread thin layer of sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking pan. Place pasta in pan; cover with remaining sauce. Spinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Cover with aluminum foil; bake at 350 for approx 35 mins or until hot and bubbly, take foil off and bake additional 15 minutes makes 18-24 servings. (put remaining shells in freezer bag freezes good for approximately 3-6 months).