Recipe by San Marcos Sunshine
A malty, sharp, chilly & hot breathtaking blast of flavor we used to enjoy poolside in Phoenix. Recipe from the Cafe Terra Cotta in Tucson. Later the Black Mountain Brewing Company in Cave Creek began brewing their own Chili Beer with a whole Serrano chili in the bottle, an equally good poolside libation.
- 1 cup good vodka (Stolichnaya for example)
- 1 fresh jalapeno, quartered & seeded
- 6 (12 ounce) bottles beer (Corona is a good choice.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add jalapeno to vodka and steep overnight in a glass container.
- When Happy Hour arrives & the sun is bright, pour beer over cracked clear ice into tall pool safe glasses or mugs. Float an ounce of the pepper infused vodka on top, garnish with a slice of lime and sip through a straw.
- Keep life preserver handy just in case.