Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A malty, sharp, chilly & hot breathtaking blast of flavor we used to enjoy poolside in Phoenix. Recipe from the Cafe Terra Cotta in Tucson. Later the Black Mountain Brewing Company in Cave Creek began brewing their own Chili Beer with a whole Serrano chili in the bottle, an equally good poolside libation.
- 1 cup good vodka (Stolichnaya for example)
- 1 fresh jalapeno, quartered & seeded
- 6 (12 ounce) bottles beer (Corona is a good choice.)
- Add jalapeno to vodka and steep overnight in a glass container.
- When Happy Hour arrives & the sun is bright, pour beer over cracked clear ice into tall pool safe glasses or mugs. Float an ounce of the pepper infused vodka on top, garnish with a slice of lime and sip through a straw.
- Keep life preserver handy just in case.
Holy smoke, amigos, you have to try this one! Easy. Not having access to any fresh jalapenos I used canned, with no problemos!
OK, I'm brave (or crazy) enough to try it! I made this 24 hours in advance and put it in a dark closet to steep. Then my plans changed and I didn't get back to it until 5 days later. The vodka was a lovely pale green color with a pronounced jalapeno scent. I served the ice cold beer in frozen mugs with no ice. I used Stoli and Corona as recommended. I loved the nice kick this gave to beer.