This is a great salad from an excellent restaurant (or it was the last time I was there). This salad makes an excellent lunch. Add a crusty roll for a light summer supper. The dressing is excellent. I posted the cook time as 0 but of course you have to cook the eggs and the bacon; drain the fat and allow time for both to cool. The 4 servings are main course servings. If using this as a side salad it will serve 8-10.
- 10 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, washed, stems removed, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 5 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Toss all the salad ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well so the dressing is throughout the whole salad.
- Serve at once on cold plates.