Recipe by Bergy
This is a great salad from an excellent restaurant (or it was the last time I was there). This salad makes an excellent lunch. Add a crusty roll for a light summer supper. The dressing is excellent. I posted the cook time as 0 but of course you have to cook the eggs and the bacon; drain the fat and allow time for both to cool. The 4 servings are main course servings. If using this as a side salad it will serve 8-10.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
What is there not to love? Fresh spinach, fresh hard-boiled eggs, fresh bacon from the farm down the road, beautiful white mushrooms, and the dressing! Oh! The dressing. How easy and how big, and full of taste this is. It is a 108 miles high - with goodness. I followed this exactly - except added some fresh parsley from the garden into the dressing. Thanks, Bergy! LOVED IT!!
- 10 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, washed, stems removed, well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 1 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 5 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Toss all the salad ingredients.
- Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss well so the dressing is throughout the whole salad.
- Serve at once on cold plates.