Recipe by 2brothers
These are the easiest muffins to make. I triple the recipe and make them mini for the 100th day celebrations ( it'll make 100, barely) at my children's school. This recipe came from a corn flakes box originally, but has gone through many changes.
- 2 cups plain breakfast cereal (eg. Bran Flakes, Cheerios)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 over-ripe bananas (or 1c. pureed fruit such as unsweeted applesauce)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- - combine the 1st four ingredients in a large zip-loc bag and crush
- - mash the bananas and mix with all other ingredients (except the chocolate chips).
- - mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- - stir in chocolate chips.
- - portion into 12 greased muffin tins.
- - bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.