Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is another great recipe from my friend, Jackie. We multiplied it by 11 and served it for brunch at our church's 100th Anniversary Sunday. We omitted the chilies, but added cubed ham. It's easy and delicious and everyone loved it! You can omit the butter, as well, or reduce it. For the big recipe that we did I added just 2 cups. I've made it in the original size without any butter and it's still rich and yummy. Make it the night before if you want, pull it out of the refrigerator in the morning and bake.
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan
- In a large bowl, place the cracked eggs and whisk to blend them all together. Add the cottage cheese and mix well. Add chilies or ham, bacon, roasted veggies - you decide.
- In a seperate good sized bowl, measure flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the grated cheese and toss to coat the cheese with the flour mixture.
- Add the grated cheese mixture to the egg mixture and with a big spoon, fold it all together.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until center is set. The top will begin to brown lightly.