Recipe by Hadice
This recipe is one for the ages. The crust is flaky and flavorful. Delicious for any kind of pie your heart desires. Makes enough for 4 8-inch pie crusts or about 3 9-inch crusts. Can be used for topping, lattice top, cut-outs, etc.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable shortening
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl using a pastry cutter, mix flour, shortening, sugar and salt until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg and water. Add to flour mixture using the pastry cutter.
- I have also used a food processor and a dough blade on pulse for each step.
- Cover tightly with plastic and chill until ready to roll out.