Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
dont try stoking up the woodstove to make this cake though!
Make and share this 100 Year Old Clove Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs well and add.
- Sift flour and spices together.
- Stir baking soda with 1/3 of the milk.
- Mix with egg/sugar mixture.
- Add rest of milk, alternating with flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake 45-55 mins
- HINT: If you dont have sour milk, add a tablespoon of vinegar to the milk to sour it.