Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
dont try stoking up the woodstove to make this cake though!
Make and share this 100 Year Old Clove Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs well and add.
- Sift flour and spices together.
- Stir baking soda with 1/3 of the milk.
- Mix with egg/sugar mixture.
- Add rest of milk, alternating with flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake 45-55 mins
- HINT: If you dont have sour milk, add a tablespoon of vinegar to the milk to sour it.