Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A savory, fragrant zucchini yeast bread that works well in a bread machine. Adapted from Karen Hartman's recipe on allrecipes.com. This version is dairy-free and contains all whole wheat flour.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk (or soy milk, rice milk, oat milk, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups zucchini (grated)
- 4 teaspoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Measure all ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Set machine on Normal or Basic Loaf setting.