Recipe by stephiefae
This is a zucchini bread made only with whole wheat flour, I'm sure you could make it 1/2 with whole wheat flour and 1/2 with all purpose. It is really easy and delicious! It turns out quite sweet with 1 1/2 cups of sugar so if you're trying to cut back on sugar I think only 1 cup would be enough --> this recipe makes 2 loaves
Top Review by LindyFlugelman
Fantastic recipe! I was looking for something whole wheat and this is what I tried first. I don't think I'll be trying any more because this is it! It isn't gooy like many zucchini breads are. This is less of a desert and more of a bread. Love it! -- update, this is great as a loaf of bread or as muffins. Be sure to use about 2 cups of zucchini with excessive water drained.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I use half canola and half olive oil)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, oil, eggs, grated zucchini and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl sift whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring to combine well.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 45/50 minutes.